I’m always super curious about how incredibly successful entrepreneurs think, what they believe to be true and how they turn that into action.
I love reading about the success stories of others and wondering how did they do that? I’m a big fan of Evan Carmichael’s YouTube channel and love watching the ‘Top 10 Rules’ video he puts together, the insights are amazing.
I see 5 themes coming up time and time again from everyone from Napoleon Hill to Richard Branson and Oprah to Tim Ferriss, so here they are:
- Do what you are passionate about. Those that follow their passions are far more successful than those that are merely following the dollar. Being successful is the outcome, not the destination.
- Never give up, persistence pays off. You have to have the strength of spirit (grit) to keep going no matter what the obstacles are in your path. If it’s worth doing, you have to push through the pain and keep going, especially when the going gets tough.
- Don’t be swayed by the doubters. There will always be nay-sayers who will tell you it can’t be done. They may be trying to protect you because they love you, be feeling jealousy, be rivals or just plain mean spirited. If you believe in what you are doing, don’t let anyone tell you can’t do it!
- Take action! An imperfect plan that is acted upon is better than a perfect plan that sits in a draw. Nothing will be achieved by sitting on your couch just thinking about it!
- Be a life long learner. There will ALWAYS be others that know more than you, so read, watch, question, be curious and learn something new every day.
As well as being a Chartered Management Accountant (CIMA) and ex-CFO with over 20 years experience, she has also worked extensively with small and medium sized business owners to help them grow profitable businesses.
She's also a certified coach, NLP practitioner, Metadynamics TM Consultant and contributor for Kochie’s Business Builders.
Latest posts by Claire Whitelaw Brown (see all)
- My Appearance on Perth’s The Shine Show with Salome Schillack - November 28, 2016
- Why To Be a Great Accountant Means Being a Great Relationship Builder - September 23, 2016
- How To Future Proof Your Accounting Practice - August 10, 2016